Friday, December 4, 2009

Lots of Excitement Ahead of Draw

The excitement and anticipation ahead of the world cup draw is certainly taking over our country. Being a South African, I must say there is a real buzz around the place and we all can't wait for the world cup draw.

As for the draw, I'm relieved to find that South Africa are amongst the seeded teams, which is good although teams like France and Portugal are still floating around and I sure wouldn't want to get one of them. I fully agree with the way Fifa have seeded the teams, for the seeded teams, bar SA, are certainly top teams and capable of winning the world cup. Pot two looks "easy" but I wouldn't be too thrilled with South Korea, USA or Mexico in my group. Pot three may also be tough as the African teams will be tough to beat, but luckliy SA avoid one of them in the first round at least. Pot Four is the pot I'm most scared of, as the European teams are usually well orgainsed and tend to do well in big tournaments. Teams like Greece, France, Portugal and Denmnark spring to mind.

The 32 teams are as follows:
Pot 1 (seeds): South Africa, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England

Pot 2 (Asia, Oceania and North/Central America): Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Mexico, Honduras

Pot 3 (Africa and South America): Ivory Coast, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay

Pot 4 (Europe): France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark, Slovakia

All in all I cannot wait for the draw, and I'm sure that most football fans will be just as excited as me, as the day goes on. Will be looking forward to blogging about the aftermath of the draw. For now here are some photo's ahead of the draw.










No comments:

Post a Comment